It is that time of year for resolutions. Here are some tricks for successfully maintaining and reaching your goals.
- Find the experts who can guide you toward your goal.
- Break down the goal into distinct, achievable steps.
- Find the support you need to be accountable to your goals.
- Be patient and persistent.
Find the experts who can guide you toward
Use experts who have proven their expertise to help you achieve your goal. For example, finding the right nutritionist, financial planner, fitness instructor, or business coach can help you create a plan that works for you.
Break down the goal into distinct, achievable
For example, if you desire to get in shape, consider the following steps:
- Decide if you are going to join a gym or work out at home.
- Choose activities you enjoy doing. The more enjoyable the activity, the more likely you will look forward to keeping in shape. If you have not exercised in the past, try a variety of classes or programs to find one you enjoy.
- Utilize a professional trainer for at least 3 weeks to set you on your path and guide you towards a regular work out program.
Find the support you need to be accountable to your goals.
Accountability will help you Persist in your goal. Being accountable to your goal is the most powerful way of achieving your goal.
One weight loss study “determined that programs supervising and monitoring attendance improved adherence rates by 65% compared to self-monitoring programs and had the highest adherence rates overall.”
Joining a group, checking in with a professional, or working on a goal with a friend can all be ways of keeping you on-track towards your goal.
Be patient and persistent.
Be patient with your progress, remember it takes time to become who you want to be.
Hey, is your goal to loose weight? Dr. Rodgers offers a successful weight loss program that has proven results. Click here to learn more.