Prepared by Kelsy Newton, Psy.D.
St. Luke’s Children’s Neuro- and Behavioral Psychology
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child by John Gottman
- How to Talk so Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talkby Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
- The Self-Compassion Workbook for Teens: Mindfulness and Compassion Skills to Overcome Self-Criticism and Embrace Who You Are by Karen Bluth, PhD
- Self-Compassion for Parents: Nurture Your Child by Caring for Yourself by Susan Pollak
- Mindful Games for Kids by Kristina Marcelli-Sargent
- Smiling Mind: Free mindful app developed by psychologists and educators
- Breathe App: free app for phone or watch that will guide inhalation and exhalation.
- Breathe Kids: has both a free and subscription version and includes kid friendly mediation/relaxation videos
- Headspace: requires subscription fee but offers a library of guided mediations
- Calm: subscription fee required and included a variety of mediations and sleep stories
- Yale Child Study Center Helping Children cope with Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Child Trends Resources for Supporting Children’s Emotional Well-being during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Sesame Street Town Hall video. Emergency Room physician Dr. Leana Wen answers children’s questions about the Corona virus and how they can stay safe during quarantine.